Saturday, September 10, 2011

Teaching at Bondeni School

How do you put the experience of a week full of teaching into a short video? There is so much missing here, but the video shows a good part of the experience. I was so happy while going through videos when I found I had Anthony, the child my family is now sponsoring, in one of the videos.



Here are earlier posts I made on The Bondeni School:
Monday afternoon: first visit to Bondeni School
Tuesday:Teaching at Bondeni Recess Dancing Class
Wednesday: Writing at Bondeni School
Thursday: Fun with Tangrams
Friday: Fun with Pentominoes

Here is the full video of the recess time where I asked kids their names. There was a lot going around me during this time. Kids were releasing lots of pent-up energy and you can see a bit of their personalities emerge.


Some kids are just natural performers in front of a camera. Just as they got me started on dancing, the recess bell rang and we had to go back inside for more learning.



It was good to find Anthony in the back of this video too, and to know that he was following me around. Little did either of us know that in a few days he would be matched up with me as our sponsor child. I would like to note that Anthony is a handsome, reserved, and well behaved little guy. We have already received a letter from Anthony.

No comments:

Post a Comment