Saturday, September 17, 2011

Running and Racing in Kenya

I have enjoyed running and racing my whole life, well at least from 9th grade and up until last September. I had run so much that I could no longer run on my left hip and needed hip surgery. For a whole year, I had not been able to run and there I was in Kenya know for its distance running and marathon champions. I knew I had to try running sometime while I was in Kenya, but I wasn't sure where, when, and how. Near the end of our time in Kenya, while on safari, I found the perfect opportunity. We got out of our safari vans to see a marker that located the border between Tanzania and Kenya. I came up with a fun little plan.

Tanzania to my right, Kenya to my left!




First a practice run



Then a "race" from Tanzania to Kenya! It was fun. The good news is that I had my surgery a couple of weeks after returning from Kenya and have started working out and running again!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had an amazing time in Kenya,check out other cool places to tour in our travel books at http://www.booksfromus.co.ke.

    ReplyDelete