Saturday, August 20, 2011

Ethiopian Dinner

Saturday night we had a wonderful dinner at an Ethiopian restaurant. Someone said we were there for four hours. The food was interesting. You grabbed a piece of the flat bread, dropped it onto a sauce or meat, squeezed the bread between your fingers and picked up the food to eat it. It was dark and the food didn't look as colorful as in the pictures here. 






After dinner, we had a coffee ceremony. The beans were prepared and cooked. Yes, that is popcorn there for a snack!





I don't drink coffee. I tried it back in high school and didn't like it. I did try it here and enjoyed drinking the entire cup of coffee. During this time, Melissa and I were talking with the host for the longest time. Of course, I talked with him about the great Ethiopian runners, but we talked about history, language, Ethiopian writing, and more. It was great fun and friendly conversation. Melissa has the sheet of writing that he made that included my name. I need to get a copy of that from her. It was the most pleasant and relaxing evening after a long and busy week.





No comments:

Post a Comment