Saturday, July 2, 2011

How are you? Take my picture!

After 24 hours of travel, I am in the most amazing place. Nairobi is busy and beyond fascinating. Today we drove down to the Mathare Slums to meet the the people from CMF and learned about all the incredible things they do. We did a walk through of the slum and visited with a mom and her children inside the shack she has lived in for 12 years. Then we learned more about the health care at the Pangani Mission and met with a fouth and fifth grade teacher from the school that I will be working at. Whew! so much to process. As soon as we were in Mathare the children would come up and say, "How are you? Take my picture." I've got lots of pictures. The kids would laugh when they saw themselves on the camera. Here are a few of the happy and friendly children of the Mathare Valley Slum.
























2 comments:

  1. Such great pictures!! So stoked to hear your enjoying this experience! Soak it in!

    ReplyDelete